Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using variable data with graphs

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Been trying to import data from a csv file into a graph using Variables with no success. I can import the csv data & the graph into the Variables window (see screenshot) but the Data Sets don't update the graph. Is there a particular way of prepping the CSV file/graph or have I missed a step?

Thx in advance,

Niall

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx Monika, yes I tried the instructions on that link. All tuts seem to point to the Variable Importer addon but can't find any for using Variables in illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try looking for a script called Variable Importer by Silly-V (Vasily Hall) on git hub. There should be a tutorial as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines