• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

values automatically on top (outside) of column charts problem

Contributor ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me why this is not working like it is supposed to? I really don't want to start drinking so early in the morning!
Unfilled/unstroked rectangle in back to cover the bar height (smallest bar) and the bounding box of the text. unlocked guide.
I am following the directions to a tee. I want the numbers on top AND the column heights to be correct... they are changing and they are not supposed to be changing. Notice the smaller bars are now underwater.
This is really driving me nuts! Why can't Adobe bring the chart module into the 21st century?
top is copy/paste from Word for reference
Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Your invisible rectangle was wrong. It needs to be just the same size as the blue bar. Also: there are so many groups.

Was like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-27 um 11.32.41.png

Should be like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-27 um 11.36.21.png

I've written about it ion CreativePro https://creativepro.com/applying-custom-designs-to-illustrator-graphs/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please upload the file the Dropbox or the like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY on God's Earth can't I upload an ADOBE Illustrator file to an Adobe support site?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bR0-j313I8obAvtroT-JteFvWfgCQm5z?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your invisible rectangle was wrong. It needs to be just the same size as the blue bar. Also: there are so many groups.

Was like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-27 um 11.32.41.png

Should be like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-27 um 11.36.21.png

I've written about it ion CreativePro https://creativepro.com/applying-custom-designs-to-illustrator-graphs/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Monika!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines