• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable font file issues saving.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- with .ai 2018 whenever i save a file now it takes FOREVER. it gives me this message. " converting text objects with variable fonts and colored font converted to outlines" . I am just using the same fonts i always use and they are actually not converted to outlines after saving. Each save bring up the beach ball and message with a slow progress bar for a while. Please help, this is really slowing me down. thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Hello everyone,

I am writing to provide an update on the issue that you all have been experiencing with the "converting text objects with variable fonts and color" message error when saving files in Illustrator.

We highly recommend updating to the latest version of Illustrator (v27.3.1), as we have released this update in an effort to resolve the issue. If you continue to experience this error message after updating, please reach out to me directly so that we can help you find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini,

Just tried and it doesn't happen while saving as a cloud file: no message and saving time is normal. When I save it back on my computer I get the message again and saving is much slower again. Resaving as 'Save as' doesn't help.

You can download a package here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jywbxwpf8ce99g2/AADCvP_18NvwUfR69Y3B911sa?dl=0

It's the final step (Artboard 1 copy 3) when saving becomes slower and the message appears. Apparently when the blend becomes too complex. (For some reason I cannot attach the ai file to this post. I get this message: The attachment's blendtest.ai content type (application/postscript) does not match its file extension and has been removed.)

Thanks,

Chris

Best,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file, @studio KLOROFORM. I am unable to replicate the issue with this file on my Mac. Is there any other file you can share that may help reproduce the issue?

Also, would you mind confirming your system specifications and the exact version of the OS? It's possible that your user account has gone corrupted, and your system needs a clean reinstallation of the OS, or you can try creating a new admin user account to check if that helps or not.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it pretty ridiculous that with so many people having the same issue, adobe doesnt know about it or how to replicate. I am saving a file with ABSOLUTELY no text in it but still experiencing this issue. 

Saving a file is taking forever. This started hapenning after the last couple of updates. 

It happens with or without linked images saving to the latest version .ai. Quite annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just created another complex blend and got the same issue. Whenever I create a complex blend with 2 gradient fills and change the size and place of the gradient, this starts to happen.

system specifications: Monterey 12.3.1 - iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2019) - 3,7 GHz 6-core Interl Core i5 - 96GB 2667 MHz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

Best,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, @studio KLOROFORM. I have got my hands on a couple of files which helped me replicate this behaviour on my Mac. I have logged a bug with the product team, and they will start the investigation.

I understand this issue hasn't been addressed for a very long time. However, I wouldn't be able to promise a resolution for it right away.

I would request you all to please upvote this UserVoice and add your comment. This will help us prioritize the issue, which is the best way to get the attention & communicate with the Engineering and Product teams regarding issues & feature requests.

We appreciate your time & patience.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the saving problem happening with JUST variable fonts or other times as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nop, the issue appears in a file with no text at all, only a jpg with a number 4 in it. look at the attach below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only in a specific version of Adobe Illustrator? I'm running 24.3 and am very nervous about updating.

Seem InDesign was or is having a very similar problem. Taking forever to save:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-running-slow-spinning-ball-constantly-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem over here. there is a solution to this issue?  this drive me crazy saving files, taking too much and wasting time. Apreciate your help

TIA.

PD: attach a screenshot of the msg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me tooo! What is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the delay & inconvenience. The product team is still investigating the issue. This issue is not easily reproducible on our end. We are able to replicate with a couple of files shared earlier by some users. We need more files to check & system specifications.

Would you mind sharing the files here or via DM with me? It would be really helpful for us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it as correct to highlight and collect more files & system specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has been working on this problem since 2018. 6 years later, do you have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started getting this message with Adobe Illustrator 2023 (27.0) this week.  MacOS Montery 12.6. I have NO FONTS being used in my Ai project, but I am using Adobe Stock JPGs and one Adobe Stock PNG, and one 10k JPG I got from another site. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @josephs73429206,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the file via DM. Would you mind confirming your Mac specification? Also, I checked the file; it just had one linked image. I was unable to replicate the behavior by resaving the file.

Would you mind confirming if you were getting this error just by saving the file with that linked image only (earthmap), or did you place all other images in the Graphic assets folder as well before saving the file? Please share the reproducible steps.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anshul,

Sending you another DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick turnaround. I checked the file, and I was able to replicate the issue on my Intel Machines, both windows & Mac, for a fraction of a second. Also, I noticed that the converting font dialog stays a little bit longer if "Save in Background" is turned off. Enabling it reduces the time of the dialog.

However, on Apple silicon Mac, the issue is not reproducible with either of the files you have sent.

Really appreciate your help, @josephs73429206. I will share the files now with the product team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem working on a large artboard with multiple vector objects with gradients (mesh), blurs and transparency effects. No text or placed images were ever entered into the file, but started getting the error/problem when scaling the the artwork to final print size 6ft x 1ft. I found a single vector object that had been treated with an opacity mask. I deleted it and the saving error went away. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @William27395532p6xx,

Thanks for sharing your observation. I hope it helps others; in the meantime, developers find a solution. I have forwarded this to them.

Thanks,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, a found a possible solution to this issue: Anyone try to save the file in 2020 format?  In my case, I have a 2019 file, open it, working on it, and then save, at this point appears the msj "Converting text objects with variable fonts and colored". at this point, I re-save the file with other name but with the "2020" version (the latest) and the msj dissapears. I continue to try this option, feel free of try and comment. @Anshul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ale Olguin,

Thanks for sharing the observation. But I am able to reproduce the issue with both the 2019 & 2020 save options on v24, v25, v26 & v27. The issue is more prominent for me when working on intel machines or slower memory bandwidth machines. On M1 Mac machines & Intel machines with the latest processors with fast ram & SSD, it is very hard to replicate the issue unless you have a very heavy file.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved to local hard drive (not a google cloud drive) - it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is still going strong in 2023. No fix yet, and I`m on the latest version of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rockers @robt4623874,

We apologize for the ongoing issue you've experienced. Our team is still working on a solution, and to help, we would greatly appreciate it if you could share the problematic files with us.

Would you mind sharing the files here or via DM with me? It would be really helpful for us as this happens with various files for different reasons. Your assistance would be very valuable in resolving this issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you keep asking for people to send you files and screenshots! You should have thousands by now! Just fix the issue man! We are here paying for this! and because of this, we spend twice the time trying to finish work.

Man! this is ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines