• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VCruntime140_1.dll error while launching Illustrator 2020 on Windows 7

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday everything was fine. Today I get a message that says "the program can't start because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. How do I reinstall Illustrator or how do add the dll file?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. This is a windows error which generally occurred due to the missing or corrupt Visual C++ redistributable files. Please try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 8, 2020 -

UPDATE RESOLUTION FOR THIS STUPID ADOBE PROBLEM! I FIGURED OUT A SIMPLE SOLUTION - HOPE IT HELPS. 

Hello Everyone,

SO YOU KNOW, THIS IS NOT A MICROSOFT PROBLEM! THIS IS AN ADOBE PROGRAMMING PROBLEM!!!

FOR ALL THOSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AFTER UPDATING TO VERSION 24.1.2 - SIMPLY REVERT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION - I AM USING ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR 2019 VERSION 23 INSTEAD AND IT WORKS FINE NOW! SO CLEARLY, THIS IS AN ADOBE PROBLEM - NOT MICROSOFT! LET'S GET THAT CLEAR BECAUSE I ALREADY FOLLOWED THE MICROSOFT STEPS AND ALEADY HAVE THAT INSTALLED SO AGAIN THIS IS ON ADOBE! ANOTHER LACK OF TESTING AND SCREWING UP UPDATES FOR USERS WHO PAY FOR THIS SERVICE!

Hope my feed back and info help anyone stuck on this like I was! Had to figure it out for myself because CLEARLY Adobe can't just tell People on here to temporarily revert back to a previous version until they fix their screw up!!!

Happy Friday all!

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah, 

We're extremely sorry about the trouble you are facing with recent releases. I have sent a DM for some more details, please check.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue. He is right this wasn't a windows problem. I just went back to the older version and it's working just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry to hear about that.  It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.
Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Thanks,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the problem still persists. When I try to install the new runtime after following your instructions, Windows has a problem with a different file... I am now chasing down another rabbit hole - a Microsoft one... Frustrating... it still interferes with any Adobe updates that need to happen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this frustration. I have sent you a DM, please check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this information.  It solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

イラストレーターを起動すると「コンピューターにvcruntime140.dll がないため、プログラムを開始できません。」と表示され、起動できません。

一旦、イラストレーターをアンインストールし、 Visual Studio 2015 の Visual C++ 再配布可能パッケージをインストールして再度、イラストレーターをインストールしましたが同じエラーが出ます。

PCのプログラム一覧を見るとインストールしたはずの Visual Studio 2015 がなくなり、 Visual Studio 2017になっています。

どうすればいいのか、分かる方はいらっしゃいませんでしょうか。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

すみません、解決しました!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

同様の件で困った方がすぐ解決できるように、今回の解決プロセスを追記してみてはいかがでしょうか?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ご指摘ありがとうございます。

https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads#sa_src=web-...

↑にアクセスし、Visual Studio 2015、2017、および 2019 用 Microsoft Visual C++ 再頒布可能パッケージのダウンロードをしました。

x86: vc_redist.x86.exe

x64: vc_redist.x64.exe

の両方をインストールし、PCを再起動すると無事にイラストレーターが起動できました。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

過去に何度か同様の件がありましたが、いずれもWindows 7だったという点がありました。

もし今回もそうであれば、Windows 7自体がすでにセキュリティサポートも終了しているため、Windows 10環境に移行が望ましいです。

その際にはハードも含めて変更するのがいいでしょう。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ご連絡ありがとうございます。

そうなのですね!確かに今はWindows7です。。

会社から貸与されているパソコンで、Windows 10への移行は年末の予定です。。

今回のエラーからは復旧できましたが、早めにパソコンを変えるよう会社に働きかけます。。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try steps provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html and let us know if it helps you out.
Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message.

Actually i tried the way you reccomend and could activate the illustrator.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this actually worked, thank you so much for fixing my frustration on this matter!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I did on my Dell 7740 standard Windows update from Microsoft (win10 64bit) and tooday all Adobe stopped to work with error VCRUNTIME140_1.dll In the meantime I did instalation of some DXO plugins - so it was my first suspest. But after contacting Adobe support they send me some .exe file repairing / modyfiying Microsoft Visual C++ stuff. Using this solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyone out there:
I downloaded from the following source the version 14.27.29111.0:

https://cn.dll-files.com/vcruntime140_1.dll.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… and placed it into the Illustrator® directory, which for me is:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Support Files\Contents\Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked flawlessly. I recommend this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can´t access my adobe programs, they stopped working suddenly, showing an error message about the VCRUNTIME140_1.DLL not being found, therefore not being able to run the programs. I tried installing it separately from windows like it says on the help section, but I have windows 10 so it says it is not compatible, therefore leaving me stuck. Can´t uninstall anything either because it shows the error message since it needs to run the program to uninstall. I need help URGENTLY please, I have projects due very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe software and what version numbers?

Is it CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali  - This fixed worked for me.  Thank goodness bc i spent about 2 hours trying to figure this out.  Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to launch my Illustrator and it just keeps giving me this prompt. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it does nothing. _ahhh.JPG

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines