Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vectorisation impossible

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à tous,

Je debute sur illustrator et je suis bloqué sur une illustration que je dois envoyer à l"imprimeur.
Il s'agit d'une etiquette avec image et Texte, je pensais que les Pdfs étaient totalement vectorisés et aplatis, mais ils ne comportent pas les polices qu'évidement l'imprimeur n'a pas.
Bref, il me demande un fichier vectorisé, je m'execute et Fenetre > Vetoriser l'image mais la boite de dialogue reste grisée, selectionner le texte ou un control A ne changent rien.
Please Help 

Merci

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the file in the Outline mode (View>Outline). If you see actual artwork then the file is vector and can be edited. If all you see are blank outlines then your file is all raster and you cannot edit it in Illustrator. I'm not sure what you mean by vectorizing something in Illustrator. Did you use Image Trace on a raster object? That feature would turn a raster object into vector but it would not create live type of any words that are in the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which program you are checkin, but if the only issue is that the printer needs the fonts outlined then you can do it within Acrobat Pro if you have that. Go to Edit>Preflight and then see below. The alternative is to create outlines within Illustrator itself, but personally, I like to keep my AI files fully editable but of course you can always keep a copy.

Hope this is what you mean, if not please try and explain more fully.

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.32.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @farid1978,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Bill and michelew83603738 helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly share a sample file (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...), and the exact version of the OS/Illustrator installed on your computer so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines