Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version History panel empty.

Participant ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. 

So, my Version History panel in Illustrator is always empty. Any idea on why?

The versions show up in the Web App or on iPad Illustrator, but in the desktop Illustrator they dont. 

Thank you.

Illustrator on DesktopIllustrator on DesktopWeb AppWeb App

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Hi All, @NunoMCastro @Remo Remoquillo

We are glad to inform you that the issue with the Version History panel has been resolved. If you are still experiencing this issue, please try signing out and signing back in to see if it resolves the problem. If the issue persists, please let us know, and we will investigate further.

We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our products and services. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

I ended up just uninstalling everything and then reinstalling and now it works.  Probably should have just done that in the first place.  Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you save your files as AIC files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are cloud documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue today. My version History panel inside Illustrator is totally blank. The same .aic file in the CC Desktop app shows the version history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NunoMCastro,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Version History panel in Illustrator. Would you mind confirming if the files you're working on were created on iPad or desktop, which have an empty history panel? Also, have you tried signing out and signing back into your Adobe account to see if that resolves the issue? If the problem persists, would you mind sharing the cloud document link with us so we can investigate further?

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. 

It doesnt matter where the files were created, the panel is always blank. Be it with newly created files (created on desktop app or on iPad app) or old files. 

As for signing out and back in... I has in conctact with the support and they remotely controled my computer and did all of that. Plus, deleting preference files, create new account, etc. 
A couple of days after i had to format my computer and did a fresh install and still blank version history panel. I guess is some bug that I'll have to deal with it until its fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the problem. Version history available on web, but the panel in the app is empty.

https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:EU:e7515cd6-6ce5-4162-a83c-dd043307458d?view=difile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Ton Frederiks @Laura Coyle. @NunoMCastro,

We are able to replicate the same in-house, and a bug is logged, and they are currently listing down all the reproducible scenarios.

We will reach out to you if we need more info.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as described. I'm also having the issue for all my other AIC files created via desktop app as well as new files being created. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, @NunoMCastro @Remo Remoquillo

We are glad to inform you that the issue with the Version History panel has been resolved. If you are still experiencing this issue, please try signing out and signing back in to see if it resolves the problem. If the issue persists, please let us know, and we will investigate further.

We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our products and services. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to help.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the speedy resolution of this problem. And thank you for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind words, @NunoMCastro. We're glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. We appreciate your & other experts' reports, which helped us identify and resolve the issue. We couldn't have done it without the help of our users like you. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us. Thanks again!

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I am having a similar issue. The Version History is empty. The only difference is that the file is saved on Dropbox, not on Cloud. That said, with the same setup I was able to view history about two months ago. Any idea what has changed?
Illustrator 28.1, Macbook Pro, OS 14.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version History panel works for .aic files only.

You cannot save a cloud .aic file to DropBox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as of September 3, 2024.  Creative Cloud files, no version history.File.aic_ @ 38.96 % (RGB_Preview)  2024-09-03 21-31-20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the latest version of illustrator 28.7.  Using Mac Sonoma 14.6.1.  Version history is just blank on any document, new or old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are .aic files? Are you files still automatically saved to the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, .aic files.  I can see the version history on the web application, but not on my laptop application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work then, maybe  @Anshul_Saini can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @ToonCraft Studios,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying the following steps and checking if they help:

• Close all Adobe applications
  • Remove the Creative Cloud Desktop application, CCLibrary, and CoreSync using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/3XzUmZG)
  • Reinstall the Creative Cloud Desktop application (https://adobe.ly/3Xv4p1V)
  • Relaunch Illustrator

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up just uninstalling everything and then reinstalling and now it works.  Probably should have just done that in the first place.  Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines