• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View reduces when I manually duplicate an item.

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does adobe illustrator reduce my view everytime i manually duplicate an item? I am doing 1 item at a time becuse it needs to be random look. If i reduce 3 items 1 at a time it reduce my view each time forcing me to enlarge my view after every 2-3 duplicates. i use the selection tool and drag option method.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean your zoom level changes each time you alt-drag?

That isn't normal behaviour and isn't something I've seen before. What OS and version are you using? Can you show before and after screenshots and list the exact steps you are taking (no matter how small)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes zoom level changes 1 down, ( a zoom out so that means my artwork shows smaller, and if i do another duplicate it goes 1 down again, so after 3- 4drag and duplicates i have toenlarge my view to where i like it. I am updated to everything 

Mac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)

Processor: 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 

8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Software Adobe Ilustrator Version 26.0.3 All latest creative suite package.

In my artwork i am making a golf coarse map of the holes so i have pre drawn a few different trees and bushes. and over my google map photo i place my tree as i see fit. drag copying the tree or bush i want t into place.

1. with the direct selection tool i select the tree

2 drag to position on my layer over the placed image and release the selection as soon as i do that my view changes 1 down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the Apple mouse as Kurt suggests? Can you try with another mouse to see if that is the source of the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally I can see that (or similar) behaviour, especially if one is nervously using an Apple Magic Mouse and if the animated zoom option is enabled (see Illustrator preferences).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines