• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View turn to CPU preview and greyed out while placing grayscale image in artboard.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artboard View turn to CPU preview and greyed out while placing grayscale image in the artboard and we can't change to GPU Preview, and the document never preview back to GPU preview at any instances.

Note:
No issues while converting the image from cmyk to grayscale in illustrator but while place as a link file we facing this issue.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 2.53.10 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably intended. For GPU accelerated stuff there is no real greyscale mode and likely this would require some trickery to expand it back to RGB for display purposes, which may simply not be implemented currently.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

We don't have these type of issues with 2020 version or before that only with 2021 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Would it be possible for you to share the file? You may upload the file on Creative cloud and share the link with us. You may share a small video of your workflow as well. I'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any problems with grayscale images and GPU preview, linked or embedded, place in RGB or CMYK documents, the document stays in GPU Preview mode. I don't think this is expected behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton,

I have tried in various ways, every single time when place just a greyscale image turns cpu preview.

Illustrator version: 25.4.1

Macos version: 11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thirukumarans,

The only difference is the system, I am on Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines