• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View using GPU bug Illustrator 27

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just started with version 27.  View using GPU doesn't like when I have pixel based images in the document.  I began to notice it when I'm working with distress textures.  As soon as I zoom, the stutters and sort of flickers, and the GPU viewing disables itself.  But it is only disabled for the document I'm working on.  It still works normally in other open documents.  Its happening constantly.  If I save this document, close it then reopen it, it'll attempt to work normally but it will usually fail within seconds.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your graphic card fit the requirements? https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Is the driver up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I went ahead and updated driver for my video card. But that didn't resolve the issue.  I have a little more detail about it now though.  Its not a problem to use pixel based images in general.  The problem happens when I use the transparency palette.  I use textures to create transparency masks.  So when I exit the the opacity mask, that's when it breaks the GPU viewing.  So I'll make a mask using a textured image, then I'll exit the mask, then I'll zoom in or out and it breaks the GPU viewing almost immediately, but only for that document. Not for any other open documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Thinking it was a gpu problem I upgraded to a rtx 3060 but it didn't solve the issue. Fresh install of windows and illustrator with all drivers updated didn't fix it either. Will be following this post.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to 26.5.2 and the issue is gone. Will wait for more stable version of 27

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kuttyjoe @Dave STJ,

We are sorry for the trouble. Many windows users have reported this issue recently. Would you mind confirming the exact version of OS (build no.) & Ai and sharing your system specs? Also, would it be possible for you to File> Package and share some sample files, including the linked images/files in which you are facing this issue? It would be really helpful for us to investigate the issue further.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines