• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom tilt / presure sensitivity issues (How to just draw a line without it)

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject suggests, I just want to draw basic lines. Unfortunately Illustrator keeps incorporating tilt/presure sensitivity even when turned off. I also have the following issue that I am not entirely sure is related to the pressure / tilt. As you can see in the image when I make a tight curve it fills in part of the corner and I cannot figure out what is causing this and how to make it stop. Hope someone has some idea of how to best draw a simple line on my wacom (using brush) without any presure or tile sensitivity and hickups like these.

Thanks,
Sander

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

If you want just a uniform line, don't use the brush tool. Use the pencil tool.

In your screenshot there is an issue with tight curves that have a calligraphy brush applied. This cannot be prevented. The only thing you can do is apply a zigzig effect to it with a value of 0 for the first option and then 50 or even 100 for the second.

But if you want just a uniform line: don't use a brush and don't use the brush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want just a uniform line, don't use the brush tool. Use the pencil tool.

In your screenshot there is an issue with tight curves that have a calligraphy brush applied. This cannot be prevented. The only thing you can do is apply a zigzig effect to it with a value of 0 for the first option and then 50 or even 100 for the second.

But if you want just a uniform line: don't use a brush and don't use the brush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I will switch to pencil and hit myself in the head for not figuring this out before. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines