• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp text around circle

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm trying to achieve a similar text effect as the "Champions" text in the left image attached. I have tried creating rectangular shape with an arc in the bottom (sample on the right of the image) and using the Envelope Distort -> Make with Top Object function...but it skews the text to where it doesn't stand straight up. Does anyone know how to achieve the look on the left and keep the text straight?

warp.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the original example, the text has been drawn that way. i don't think it's likely to be possible to create something that precise with distort tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fro this one I  recommend creating 3 type objects, then distorting the center  "HAMPION".

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 9.17.40 AM.png

On the last step I manually adjusted the envelope to be more symmetrical, then focusing on getting the vertical stress in "H" and "N" to be straight, by pulling the bottom bezier handles.

This is quick, but with some more time could improve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a previous discussion about how to achieve a similar effect where the baseline is curved without distortion. Although there were alternatives presented, the consensus was like Doug said above that it was most likely hand-drawn https://forums.adobe.com/message/3078658#3078658#3078658#3078658

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nice thread, i think the last post has the right idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines