Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warping Outline Text Around Object?

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Wondering if someone can help me with this as I am unsure how to do it.  I've attached an example here of what I am hoping can be done fairly easily in Illustrator

I'm looking to have outline text bend/warp around the bottom of a circle like the attached.  The circle is causing the G CO to curve around it.

I was thinking envelope distort was used in some way but perhaps mistaken?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

shapeexample.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Eisenheim,

This was made (quite) some days  before Envelope Distort.

The real way to do it graciously is (still) to make the changes by real drawing (with the use of the existing circle); you can start out with the circle and:

1) Object>Path>Offset Path with an offset corresponding to the distance from the circle to the very tops of the letters, then again with an offset corresponding to the letters (at the top), then work with copies and lock/hide the originals (so you can get new ones when needed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though it perhaps might be possible to create this with a very carefully manipulated mesh warp, this sort of text is almost always better, and quicker, made in manual ways using drawing construction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eisenheim,

This was made (quite) some days  before Envelope Distort.

The real way to do it graciously is (still) to make the changes by real drawing (with the use of the existing circle); you can start out with the circle and:

1) Object>Path>Offset Path with an offset corresponding to the distance from the circle to the very tops of the letters, then again with an offset corresponding to the letters (at the top), then work with copies and lock/hide the originals (so you can get new ones when needed);

2) Parts of these (copy) sets of circles can form parts of the customized letters; you can create Compound paths by selecting both in the set and Pathfinder>Unite.

After that, you can basically extend the letters upwards and combine them with (parts) of circle copy sets, Pathfinder>Divide may be a good way to start; obviously, roundings will have to be (re)created.

Edit: And what Doug said while I was writing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the responses, very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome, Eisenheim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines