• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WE NEED ROTATE CANVAS FUNCTION!!!!!

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2007 Feb 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all developers, im an ilustrator and i love adobe programs. I thanks all developers that make everyday Illustrator a better program.

I want to know if some one can help us (all the ilustrators of the world lol) developing some plugin ore something to rotate the canvas.

thanks.
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In recent versions of Illustrator you can do it, but Illustrator rotates the entire scratch area, not individual artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version are you using? While you can't rotate an individual artboard, you can rotate the entire view. Is that not working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michele, I'm pretty sure that David is using Illustrator CS 2 or any earlier version of the application.

Don't you think so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't look at the original date of the post! How did that suddenly pop up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michele,

I can think of a few questions before the one you brought up.

How did it escape the archive in late 2007 (after six months without replies) and be doomed to slide over the edge and fall into the abyss in 2008 after a year and a half, as things were in the later days of the fair forums (as I found out in 2004 when threads lasted two years, after looking in vain for some important threads from 2002, after which I built my own archive and kept some of the most important threads live by posting regularly), until the Jive forums came with the promise of all threads being kept.

And how did it escape the great deletion after the switch to Khoros of threads with no replies since some time round the turn of the year 2016/2017, removing two thirds of the threads surviving until then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, Michele, Jacob elaborately explained what happened in the past.

My guess why some of the very old topics that had been buried alive could actually escape is that they somehow managed to get some camouflage suits and thus outsmarting the forum database and its rules.

They are pretty smart rascals that appear from time to time and it's kind of fun to reply to them. Like replying to a message in a bottle you suddenly find at an unknown beach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you are right, Kurt.

And I am sure that both this thread and the one you linked to, Ton, came from the other fair forum, the one for the clever folk, because I am sure that they would have had (multiple) replies in our fair forum; and be archived by me.

Now I will also look out for gems from the distant past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You guys make my day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines