Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird box in Illustrator that I can't click on or make go away

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm making a bunch of maps, and one of them suddenly has this weird thin box that I can't get rid of or even click on (see screenshot 1). Weirder still, when I save the AI file as a PDF, a copy of what appears to be that box appears below the regular map (screenshot 2). Does anyone know what's going on here? I checked all the layers for anything hidden, but I didn't see anything. If it helps, I use Windows 10 and AI 2021. Thanks!

-- Bill

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

That box is your artboard size. Use the Artboard tool to resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That box is your artboard size. Use the Artboard tool to resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply, Kevin.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the artboard, unless I have a second artboard that I can't see (?). (If there is a second artboard, how do I get rid of it?)

Here's another screenshot, with the artboard selected. See how there's still a weird little box parallel to the artboard?

-- Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! You were right: I did have a second artboard in there that I didn't know about. I deleted it, and all is well now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines