Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird message popping up when I save in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 11.43.05 AM.png

I get this message all the time when I save while in a document. I had a 2014 iMac running Mojave and now I have the new 2021 iMac with the M1 chip running Monterey. Didn't make a difference. This started when I upgraded to the last version of Illustrator (2020?). Doesn't matter if I save as a .pdf or .ai file. Doesn't seem to affect anything important but it's really irritating. Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you save your files? Local, on a server or local in a synched cloud folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost always cloud storage, sometimes an external hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is probably the reason for the message, to be safe, save local and copy the result to the cloud folder or external hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That happens automatically with the cloud. It's just irritating that every time I save that message pops up. It seems like Adobe's engineers should have anticipated it and fixed it before deploying the upgrade. Especially since the CC subscription service includes cloud storage and they encourage use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines