• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened with shift+eyedropper pickup in the new versions of AI?

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously I was able to pick up exactly pixel color on a gradient and apply it as plain color (not only to a gradient node) to whatever I want even if there is a gradient on a path currently. But now it does not override a gradient with plain color, but change only one node. How can I transform a gradient to plain color, which I choose from this gradient, with one click as before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you shift drag eyedropper over gradient and lift up pen (are you using mouse? Then shift click and drag) then it should cgange gradient to solid colour.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oleksijp79466572:

Move the Eyedropper tool onto the object whose attributes you want to sample. (When you’re correctly positioned over type, the pointer displays a small T.) Shift‑click to sample only the color from a portion of a gradient, pattern, mesh object, or placed image and apply the color to the selected fill or stroke.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work in a manner that actually overrides the gradient with a plain color if I apply the picked up color to a path with a gradient?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These two below are the results (actual and desired) of self-applying the picked up color.

tempsnip.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl + Shift + Click (Mac)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oleksijp79466572 :

I'm in AI 2019 (23.0.3).

With Fill in Front (so that I change the fill color and not the stroke color):
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.27.15 AM.png

Click on the green wing feathers:

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.27.21 AM.png

Shift + Click on the green wing feathers:

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.27.35 AM.png

What are you doing differently?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have applied a picked up sample to the path with a solid white fill. But I am trying to apply a sample to a path with a gradient fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oleksijp79466572 :

Thanks for your patience with me.

I am trying to apply a sample to a path with a gradient fill.

So you have a path with a gradient fill:
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 11.14.19 AM.png

And you want to change it to a solid color? Do I now understand the question?

(I am still Shift + clicking the gradient with Eyedropper)

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 11.14.36 AM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I figured out that I can do that when all color nodes of a gradient are deselected. I can deselect these when I select a middle slider.

12321421e.JPG

123213.JPG

I'm just used to do this without extra thinking about nodes state as it was in previous versions. It seems that they remain selected permanently after I tweak any gradient in a document. And I have to deselect them explicitly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesn't work if I need a solid fill on one abject and selecting a gradient fill on another object. It used to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines