Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is AiRobin.exe?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

airobin2020.JPG
I was shutting down Illustrator 2020 after a freeze and decided to open the submenu for Ill in the End Task window. This is the first time I've heard of this application and google is giving me just a couple mentions but no explanation of its function. Curiosity has gotten the best of me now, so I'm just wondering, does anyone know? Is it a 2020 addition? I don't have any real reason to find out, though if it has anything to do with my frequent crashes that might be useful to know. (In case anyone asks, these crashes have persisted for a couple months now and my CC version is up to date, though I do need to do a Windows update tonight.)

It's file location is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Support Files\Contents\Windows

If anyone happens to know, cool!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Hi all,

It is used for Background Save and Background Export. The new feature introduced in Illustrator 2020.

Check this link for more details about this feature: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/continue-to-work-on-your-projects-with-new-background-save-and-export/td-p/10724061

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody? Is anyone more code-savvy than me even curious enough to go digging?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question!! It's crazy that I can't find ANYTHING online about this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

It is used for Background Save and Background Export. The new feature introduced in Illustrator 2020.

Check this link for more details about this feature: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/continue-to-work-on-your-projects-with-new-background-sav...

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks. That may explain why, after AI hangs and has to be force-quit, it's impossible to restart it. I can see in MacOS Activity Monitor that AIRobin is still running and also is hung, and possibly that is keeping AI from being relaunched. But... even after force-quitting AIRobin, AI still won't start up again. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to regain control except a full power-off restart. It wouldn't be so bad except that I use AI every day, and this happens about every second day, so I lose a lot of time restarting to recover from AI hangs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Are you still having the AI freeze or crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the issue.  Illustrator 2020 hangs up and I'm forced to shut it down. Seems the only way for it to come up again is to log out of CC and then back in and it hangs up again with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi phxmartyaz, and others having issues with your application,

Please check to find out if your security system is creating a block. If that is not the case you may follow the guidelines in my post at https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-freezing-at-99-when-saving-file/m-p/10828417#M293... at the post that starts "Hi everyone" to send a report to Adobe. 

Regards

JG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled Illustrator and re-installed.  What happens for me is when I click to run it, nothing happens yet I see in the Task Manager that it is on.  Nothing shows up on the screen at all.  When I would install an older version and open up a file created in a newer version, it would crash.  This didn't happen to me last week and now it is.  It makes no sense.

The only thing I have changed is that I did install a new 4k BenQ monitor.  Can't imagine that would affect it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi phxmartyaz,

If I understand you correctly to be saying the reinstalled application do not open, but appear to be running do the following checks:

Check to make sure you have adequate hard drive space.

Check to make sure there's no malware on your system (spyware, hackware, hookware, etc)

If those checks are ok, assuming nothing has gone wrong with you memory card, close out all websites.

Uninstall illustrator. 

Close down your security and try installing illustrator again.

Remember to rearm your computer with its security immediately after you're done. If that works, add illustrator to allow access in security.

If it does not work send a report to Adobe with all detailed description, including additional information and utility as outlined in the link reference above.

Also check for the latest available updates for your OS.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to make sure you have adequate hard drive space.

I have 2 TB of space. Plenty of space

Check to make sure there's no malware on your system (spyware, hackware, hookware, etc)

Zero malware as this is a new build and I've been using it for only one month.

If those checks are ok, assuming nothing has gone wrong with you memory card, close out all websites.

Done all this and still nothing.

Uninstall illustrator. 
Did this too

Close down your security and try installing Illustrator again.

Did that. I even started in Safe Mode and it didn't work either.

If it does not work send a report to Adobe with all detailed descriptions, including additional information and utility as outlined in the link reference above.

I never get an error message because when I click it, nothing happens, yet in my Task Manager window, it shows that it is running (when it's not).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

some times is problem with windows, if you useing 2 video card - one integrated and other additional, windows cant manage correctly both, it's good to turn off integrated video card and illustrator works much better, i'll try and for me it's worked perfect

Mitte5CCB_0-1599039733434.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks, i thinked it virus :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ArnoEnzo_0-1697705318095.png

Sorry to be re-fueling this thread, but I have all these folders with different versions of the app.
Can these be safely removed, or will that affect the functioning of the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @arnoenzo,

Thanks for reaching out. You may remove the folders for the older versions of Illustrator while keeping the ones you have installed. Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem plus this:
If  I have already closed the program and suspended my laptop, when I restart it and try to open Illustrator, it won't let me because: "another version of Illustrator is running on the back" -- then I find AiRobin2020.

It also says that when I try to save my files: "this file is already in use", and won't let me save it except "save as".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the a problem with it as well. Right now it's consuming 100.4% of my processor. I can't save my file after several times force quitting AI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use AI 2020 almost daily and it crashes every day hanging me up. I just found the AiRobin.exe problem and googled it.  I've used AI for 21 years now and have never had so many problems as I do with AI 2020.  I hope Adobe fixes the mess soon. I've started to go back to AI CC 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.
I use Adobe Illustrator daily and run into this issue about half the days I use.
It's super frustrating, causing me to loose work/time.

Finally, I noticed the same AIRobin 2020 and googled, leading me here.

My issue is when I go to save, menu turns black. I basically have one chance to save before AI crashes and forced to Ctr/Alt/Delete to close, losing any unsaved work. This only happens in AI 2020. Never happened in prior versions.

Although I don't wish this issue on others... I'm glad to see I'm not the only one, and hoping enough people report so Adobe fixes this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this AIRobin thing has completely made AI unusable. On every file open or save, progress bar "processing" hangs and hangs, crashes, rinse/repeat.  Rolled back to a older version... 20 minute tasks are taking 2 hours it's just not workable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with AIRobin 2023.  This is very frustrating.   I used Illustrator everyday, but now I can't even get it loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Justine5E5B,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the late response. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and checking if it helps?

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). While submitting the report, kindly use the same email account used here in the community so we can locate it quickly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am struggling to stay calm. Since AIRobin has been added to AI it has been a continued nightmare using the Illustrator software. Frequent crashes extended opening squences and a massive use of memory. I have done all of the above but still am getting issues. I have turned off all other apps like calendar safari google photoshop but still get issues. The internal fan keeps kicking in and the activity monitor on my 2019 iMac is showing a red graph when both PS and AI and sometimes Bridge are open.......someting that never happened before. Sure I had a few blips but nowhere near as frequent as now and man I abused these apps lots of files open pushing AI to the limits. Good job I don't rely on it to provide my income....and yes I have enough harddrive space I have enough memory. And I send crash reports with cryptic remarks yet never get anybody contact me and I pay £50 per month....What can I do other than take up underwater crocheting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company relies on the Adobe pack, and getting this problem hugely is frustrating, updated to the latest 27.6.1 version of AI ad still there's this AIRobin software running,

Dear Adobe, as of today 13th June 2023 this problem still persists, we all suffer from this "curse", please do consider checking in and fixing it,

Thanks, Best Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comigo também, aí entro no gerenciador e finalizo a nuvem...tem resolvido mas repentinamente volta..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines