• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What setting is this? Stroke/Fill

Participant ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what this setting is called, so I can't look up how to turn it off and let me go back to being able to do things like remove the stroke or fill from a shape.  Can anyone lend me a hand with this?  What have I done here?

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 10.22.50 PM.png

 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a stroked ellipse, check the attributes. Press D to get the default appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, dang.  D is just turning it back white when it's a color.  This is weird.  I can't recal encountering this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, it was the layer.  I just finally got my control back by creating a new layer.  I never was able to change that layer though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look at the Appearance panel. I'm not quite sure what you want to do. Get rid of the stroke? Apple a different fill?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sara,

"Ah, it was the layer. I just finally got my control back by creating a new layer. I never was able to change that layer though."

Documents can get corrupted, and it may be worth copying the artwork into a new document, as much as can be rescued.

You can try to select everything from all layers if more than one, with Paste remembers layers ticked in the new document first.

Or you can try layer by layer, and/or split the artwork up if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines