• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What the heck is this "Adobe Illustrator 2021 (Other)" folder that was added to the macOS launchpad

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my creative cloud apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere) and in my macOS launchpad is a folder titled "Adobe Illustrator 2021 (Other)," it contains scripts titled Contact Sheets, Make Calendar, and Web Gallery. I'm not sure what exactly these are and the launchpad definitely isn't where I want it to be.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this, why it's there?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Hey there! have you found the way to remove it? I was able to remove it by going to the Apple logo > About this mac > Storage > Manage > Applications > scroll down till you find that 3 annoying apps. Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the third party Contact Sheets app. Hiding in an Adobe folder. But so far as I see, Adobe can't make it delete folders in Launchpad, only you can do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be something dangerous then??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe put them there, then they shouldn't be dangerous... interesting they are sample scripts, some apps might have hundreds of these. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here. I found them in: Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2021/ Scripting / Sample Scripts /AppleScript

You will see "Web Gallery" "Contact sheets"and "Make Calendar" folders there...but I don't know if it0s ok to delete them??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They might be useful to you one day. If you delete them to tidy up Launchpad, you won't have them. Launchpad is designed to show everything on your Mac, and it was there for a reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this a problem, are they using up all your hard disc space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are demo scripts from the AI app, if you browse the applications folder, and expand the AI 2021, the scripts are there.

See attached screenshots, you can also read the PDF file included on each folder on how to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order not to spoil fragile and mysterious Adobe file system following solution would help:

1. open Terminal or any other preferable shells like iTerm2
  2. by defauult we are in user directory like "Users/your-user-name
  3. go to root directory by typing "/" sign
  4. now navigate to "/Applications/Adobe\ Illustrator\ 2022/Scripting/Sample\ Scripts/AppleScript", you can do it by typing "cd" before path like: "cd /Applications/Adobe\ Illustrator\ 2022/Scripting/Sample\ Scripts/AppleScript"
  5. NOTE: in path name for ex.: "/Adobe\ Illustrator\ 2022/" backslash with following space mean space
  6. type "ls -la" to show content of the folder
  7. find folder with same name as annoying app on launchpad you want to get rid of for ex. Web Gallery
  8. go there by typing "cd Web\ Gallery"
  9. now we will hide so it will work but will not see it on launchpad by typing with respect to spaces "sudo mv Web\ Gallery.app .Web\ Gallery.app"
  10. EXPLANATION: sudo - will let us rename file, mv - will rename it, "Web\ Gallery.app" - original app name, "space" - separate old name and new one, ".Web\ Gallery.app" - dot before app name will make it hidden
  11. repeat steps from 7 to 10 for the rest apps you see on launchpad and want to hide from your beautiful perfectionist eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! have you found the way to remove it? I was able to remove it by going to the Apple logo > About this mac > Storage > Manage > Applications > scroll down till you find that 3 annoying apps. Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drag the file into bin & it's gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I found these scripts in Files, compressed them into zips and deleted the uncompressed originals. Store the zips in the original file so you can unzip them if you think that you need any of these scripts for your work. Hope this helps! My Illustrator is running perfectly fine without them, they're just tools that you will probably never use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This along with the response labelled "correct answer" are the two steps to take until Adobe fixes it. Brilliant suggestion compressing them so they're not lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines