• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When Exporting 1 artboard from a multiple artboard file - filename of artboard does not show.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have files I use with multiple artboards. 

Each artboard has it's own name unique name (shirt sizes S to 6XL). 

When i export all artboards the names of each artboard get added to the exported JPEGs flawlessly, so each fle has its own shirt size in the filename..

HOWEVER....

When choosing to only export one artboard (one size shirt), the name of the artboard is not added to the exported JPEG.

This stopped working with version 26.5. It worked fine previously, please fix @Adobe 😉

Illustrator v26.5  on m1 Macbook Pro.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Hello Dee_Funk,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would like to inform you this is an intended change in the latest version of Illustrator to accommodate the request on this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/31723057-wh...).

The workaround is to rename the file name while exporting a specific artboard.

However, If you do not like this change, you may upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45508540-name-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there have been posts about this in the past. You will have a better response from Adobe if you post to illustrator voice.

Meanwhile best you can do is out 2 artboard range, and delete the extra file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a terrible request that person made in voice. 
is adobe positive the community was aware what they were voting on? This has to be a mistake. What an absurd request. Artboard are naked fir a reason.. pfft 

disappointed..  

Pur entire company workflow has been crippled. Thanks adobe.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dee_Funk,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would like to inform you this is an intended change in the latest version of Illustrator to accommodate the request on this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/31723057-wh...).

The workaround is to rename the file name while exporting a specific artboard.

However, If you do not like this change, you may upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45508540-name-a...) and add your comment here.

Kindly update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about the word "art board". 
I am talking about the names I give each artboard do not show shen exporting only 1 artboard. But they show when exporting all or just a few. 
I think adobe needs to look at the voice section again. Many are complaining, as I did as well. 
what a foolish request!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines