• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When exporting several files at once, the "first" file doesn't adopt page number

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export several files at once, all pages receive a unique "name" adopting the page number, right? like they always do, for example: new-image-02.jpg (for page 02), new-image-08.jpg (for page 08). But since the latest software update it looks like the first image doesn't receive a new name, it only adopts the name of the AI file, aka: new-image.jpg

This is extremely annoying when you export over the same folder since I keep getting asked to replace new-image.jpg every time I export again, this "first" page could be page 13 or 21, it's only the first one of the group.

It feels like a glitch because it only does that with the first page of the group, all other pages receive the number.

Unless there's a setting I need to change? I can't think why this could possibly be a setting, but keeping my mind open. Thanks in advance if you know how to fix this. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Name your artboards. When exporting, this name will be used as filename. If you use the old "save as" dialog to save a jpeg, you have to delete everything before the ".jpg" or illustrator will export the filename and the artboard name. Brigde also has good batch processing to rename files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the suggestion, but the page already has name, which is a number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines