• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When importing charts from excel into illustrator, the euro or pound currency symbol is separate.

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if anyone has ever encountered this or found a solution for it, when importing a chart element over from excel into illustrator with euro or pound symbols before figures, it breaks them out into two separate text elements. This is pretty annoying when you have to go back through and combine them into a single line of text again for each figure. Does anyone know of a possible solution to fixing this?

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 10.16.36 AM.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>when importing a chart element over

How? Do you mean paste, or are you exporting to a particular format (what, pdf?) then importing?

If it's just " an element" of a page you need, you might want to export/save as (the page) to pdf, then open the pdf in Illy and copy the element from there and paste into you main doc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's when you directly copy and paste the chart element into illustrator. When you do this usually every bit of text is it's own line, but for some reason when it has a euro or a pound symbol in front of it instead of a dollar sign, it treats it as two lines instead of one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like what's typically happening when you open or import a PDF in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a direct copy and paste of a chart element from excel, no pdfs involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So. Since this works for two-fer, we might need to take into account that you have something installed that interferes with the clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If i had to guess it's an issue with how macs handle the glyph for euro with certain fonts. Nothing I try seems to work, but if I swap it to certain other fonts, the problem seems to go away after some roundabout steps. Pretty annoying to deal with when there are lots of data points!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 11 and Excel 365, and I'm not seeing this. Whether I assign the Euro mark as the 'currency' type or add the symbol manually into the cell, when I copy and paste the cell (and ungroup and Release Clipping Mask), it becomes a single line of text. 

Twofer_1-1680032077600.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines