• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When placing a transparent PNG logo on top of a design, the box around the logo changes color.

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with this for some time now and can't seem to find a resolution... When designing a project where I use our transparent PNG logo the background color is altered behind the logo in print. In InDesign and on-screen at any other point, the colors seem to be the same, but when I send it to print, a small, shade darker box appears around the logo. 

Any ideas of how this can be fixed?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has come up a few times, see if Monika's answer and link here helps:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/yucky-dscoloured-box-sydrome-will-they-show-u...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be caused by a flattening issue, particularly if placing against a cmyk colour background.

Are you printing directly? or using a PDF? and, if the latter, what are your settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using InDesign, create a Transparency Flattener Preset that completely rasterizes everything. That should take care of everything. If you search the Creative Pro site, there is instrucstions on how to do that somewhere as I recall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines