• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When stored on the NAS, it is created as a 0 byte file.

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window 11 Pro

Version : 21H2

OS build : 22000.795

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.795]

Processor : 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

RAM : 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)

System type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

NVIDIA Studio Driver Version : 516.93 ( Release date : 07/26/2022 )

Illustrator v 26.4.1

Synology NAS : DS1821+

Version : DSM 7.1-42661 Update 4

States : Up to date

I am using a Synology NAS.

After updating to a certain version, there is a problem in saving only Illustrator among Adobe products.

Other applications have no problem storing them on the NAS. (ex: Photoshop, After effects...)

I tried updating Illustrator to the latest version, but that didn't solve the problem.

When I save as usual in Illustrator, a 0 KB save file is created on the NAS.

When I open the file, an error window pops up.

Can't open the illustration. The file may be read only, or the file is in use by another application, or you do not have the required permissions. Please save the document with a different name, or in a different folder or directory.
ID: -54

So, I tried to save it under different names in various ways.

Only numbers, English only, but it was not solved.

The only solution is to save it to my hard drive.

Why is this happening all of a sudden?

How to solve the problem?

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Hello @GUAHBA,

Sorry to hear about this experience. When working on files from a network drive/removable media, many variables affect application performance. Consequently, you may face problems such as damaged files, denied access, or slow performance.

We recommend working on your files from the local hard drive and then copy to the network drive for more reliable performance. You may learn more about this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @GUAHBA,

Sorry to hear about this experience. When working on files from a network drive/removable media, many variables affect application performance. Consequently, you may face problems such as damaged files, denied access, or slow performance.

We recommend working on your files from the local hard drive and then copy to the network drive for more reliable performance. You may learn more about this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html.

Kindly update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines