• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using the radial feature, is there a way to increase the max amount of objects past 100?

Participant ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm using the radial feature to make multiple copies of a vector character in a circle shape. I need 103 characters, but it's only going up to 100. Is there a way to tweak it past 100?

If not, I can do it manually by increasing the degree of rotation for each character approx 3.5 degrees so they are each angled correctly, but how do I manually

a) place each character an equal distance from the circle center point, and

b) place the next charcacter 3.5 degrees further around the circle than the previous one?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

As you see the radial feature maxes out at 100. Group and a circle path filled with none and your character.

MikeGondek_0-1626580466049.png

Then apply a transform effect

MikeGondek_1-1626580492963.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could draw a circle. Put one instance of the character on the edge of the circle. Select the Rotate tool. Select the character. Opt or Alt click the center point of the circle. That will set the origin for the rotation and open the Rotate dialog box. For the Angle setting, type 360/103 and click Copy. To repeat the transformation, press Ctrl+D (Windows) or Command+D (Mac) until you get the number of copies that you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you see the radial feature maxes out at 100. Group and a circle path filled with none and your character.

MikeGondek_0-1626580466049.png

Then apply a transform effect

MikeGondek_1-1626580492963.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome. Note I used 102, as when you add the original shape you get a total of 103. You might notice a strange overlap where they meet if you used 103 depending and radius of your circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines