• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whenever I pull an image into illustrator from Pinterest or a stock photo site my photos pixelate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm creating a mood board and whenever I drag photos in from Pinterest or download a photo from a stock photo site and bring it into illustrator the images becomes extremely pixelated. Do I have a weird setting on or something? Please help. Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is your zoom percentage in your Illustrator file? Dragging images from a browser means low res images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My creative director will  drag Pinterest images in all the time and she doesn't seem to have the same problem as me. Which is why I thought maybe I had some setting on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pinterest pages have very low-res pics and are, at best, screen resolution, so a typical pinterest post is about 300 x 400 pixels, which for a print project is barely larger than an inch wide. As for the stock photo site, if it's a legitimate site, they will have various resolutions for you to download... make sure you pick a size appropriate for your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you responce! So most photos that I downloaded from Pexels or Unsplash are fine, but anything from Pinterest they become extremely pixelated. I don't use it for print projects, I'm a brand designer and I use the moob board to show inspiration to the client. My creative director pulls pictures in from Pinterest all the time and for some reason she doesn't have the same issue as me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only advice I can offer is to use the 3 dots to download. Do not drag the imaeg to the desktop if you wnat the best quality PInterest has to offr. The people posting to Pinterest are not graphic experts, and Pinterest likley has a limit on pixles. I got an extra

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 8.09.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-02 at 8.23.14 AM.png

If you need better quality images then you will need to look into a stock image service sucha s Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I'll give that a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines