• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whenever I save my files from Illustrator to PDF, the cropped, downsized images are pixelated

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelAngel25254622l0ir_1-1664930714634.png

Hello, I am working on a project on Illustrator. I am working with a very large file. 

Whenever I save my Illustrator file to PDF, this one specific picture becomes pixelated and distorted, and I do not know how to fix it. 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Hi @Michael Angel25254622l0ir,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. Would you mind trying changing the compression to " Do Not Downsample" & "None" in PDF settings? Also, ensure the linked images are not missing.

Anshul_Saini_0-1664979288918.png

Note: This may result in larger file size.

If it doesn't help, would you mind confirming the exact version of Illustrator along with the details asked by Ton?

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Hi. Please check the PDF presets section in this link, it could be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/creating-pdf-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What PDF Preset do you use? Smallest file size compresses images heavily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael Angel25254622l0ir,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. Would you mind trying changing the compression to " Do Not Downsample" & "None" in PDF settings? Also, ensure the linked images are not missing.

Anshul_Saini_0-1664979288918.png

Note: This may result in larger file size.

If it doesn't help, would you mind confirming the exact version of Illustrator along with the details asked by Ton?

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Please check the PDF presets section in this link, it could be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/creating-pdf-files.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines