• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the pre-drawn colorful stars, squares, circles, etc.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 months ago I made a pattern in AI with pre-made colorful shapes of stars, arrows, boxes, circles, etc., that I found when creating a pattern for a class project. I now have no idea where I found them. And I am not sure if I used the paintbrush tool or another one but I think I brushed them on.. Thank you. Diane

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Thanks Monica. I finally figured  out in was in the brush section. Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Windows menu there are a lot of pre-made libraries (symbols, brushes etc.).

Perhaps this is what you are looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying Kurt but I had looked in symbols and I didn't see any. Attaching little piece that has a couple of the patterns I am looking for. Diane

20220701_154433.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you take a real screenshot using your system's tools? A smartphone photo is just pretty blurred.

It would also help to see more of the elements you used. I can't remember having ever seen the items you have in that photo. Did you apply any effects to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monica. I finally figured  out in was in the brush section. Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt, Finally found it in the brush section. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you got the shapes from the Symbols Panel (accessed through the Window Menu). When you open the panel there are some default shapes that are preloaded there but if you use the pull-down menu at the top right of the panel and choose "Open Symbol Library" then you will see a long list of other symbol collections that you can use. In every case dragging and dropping the symbols from the panel to the artboard will place the symbol. If you want to edit a placed symbol you can select it and use the Expand option under the Object Menu. It will then become fully editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, 

20220701_154433.jpg

 this is a piece that shows what I am looking for. 2 different patterns here. I had looked in symbols but didn't see them. Thank you for replying Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found in the brush section. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines