• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White border around transparent PNG export

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I'm exporting a drawing from Illustrator with a transparent background I get white border around the drawing. I think I tried every solution I found online, but it's not working. The artboard is 2048x2048 and I'm exporting at 72ppi with Supersampling selected. I also alligned the artwork to the pixel grid with total numbers only. I even tried exporting from Photoshop, but without loosing a lot of quality I can't get rid of the white borders. 

The following two images show the drawing in Illustrator and the image when imported onto another image. 

default9q3nx9npj3i8_0-1643498179006.pngdefault9q3nx9npj3i8_1-1643498208084.png

Anyone have some new suggestions on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventral,

What happens if you abolish the supersampling/anti aliasing (to get the hard edges)?

It ought to work well without serious jaggedness at the size mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same result unfortunately...

When I export as PNG-8 and not 24 I get rid of the white borders but the quality gets worse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce your result.

I autotraced your first image without white and exported at 1x and 2x. 

Of course 144 ppi shows less pixels, but I cannot reproduce the white edges.

Can you share that Illustrator file? (Dropbox, CC filesharing, Google, WeTransfer)

Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 01.24.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay that's interesting. Could it be that my laptop doesn't have enough processing power/GPU performance while exporting? 

Here is the .ai of the eyes: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/21e6953e37febf7b7509b4c46b726b3320220130073056/9b8de76ac71b7241e3ae...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventral,

The GPU is only a fast but sometimes inaccurate or even weird/unintelligible preview option, but it has no influence on what is saved/exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay got it. Any other ideas what could be the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Ton will tell you, Ventral.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing wrong with your file, but if you used the file you send, it looks like you enlarged the result too much. How do you export? Export for screens? Don't use PNG8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried almost everything, but usually just Export as and than with Supersampling selected. But also tried every other option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone else will give it a try, but I cannot reproduce your problem with your file.

You could try if different resolutions improve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the solution. When exporting set the Matte to None. This is what creates the small white outline. It's used for creating a blend between the pixels and the transparency. 

matte.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Do you know how to get there using Ai for iPad Pro ? I'm having the same problem using this device. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hye..i have same problem..do you find any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines