• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White line at the base of my document

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a thin white space at the bottom of my document. It's only visible in the thumbnail view on the homescreen and the uploaded document I sent to my printer. I've extended the art layers beyond the edges of the document and removed strokes. I don't know where it is or how to get rid of it

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload screen shots of the thumbnail view and how the document looks opened in Illustrator? I can't tell for sure without seeing it, but it sounds like an object on a hidden layer (or hidden object) that isn't staying hidden when printed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have some hidden layers. I'll adjust these and see what happens before
uploading. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know if you're still have any problems with the file if those adjustments don't do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the phone with adobe tech support for a couple of hours yesterday.
I allowed the tec access to my computer. I still have the white line. I
can't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the white line just in that one document? Or does it appear in any new AI documents you create? If the white line is just in that one document I'd create a new one with the same document properties and then copy/paste elements over into the new, unaffected document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, and the new document has the white line. I've only placed a few elements and the white line is already there. Is it possible to thicken the bounding box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a new file and filled the page with a red rectangle and
there is a white line at the base visible only on the thumb print at the
home screen. What do you think it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like either a problem with the Adobe Illustrator installation or perhaps possibly an issue with the video card driver. Make sure the video card and other devices in your computer are fully updated with the latest drivers. Does the white line persist in both standard CPU and GPU accelerated views? I would consider uninstalling Illustrator, using the Adobe cleaner tool and then re-installing Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @taco salad,

We understand that experiencing technical issues can be frustrating. Hopefully, the suggestions provided by Bobby and Ton were helpful in resolving the problem. If not, kindly provide additional information such as the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, system configuration (CPU/GPU/Memory), a sample file (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...), and a screen recording of the issue (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...) so that we can investigate further. We will be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a thumbnail preview problem. Does it export like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be honest, most of my thumbnails in the home screen have a white line at the bottom. That does not bother me, it is just a thumbnail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines