• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White stroke is invisible on gray artboard

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some objects with a white stroke and black fill. Then I changed the background of the Artboard to gray and now the color white is invisible.

Please take a look at the image I'm attaching. The fill is black and stroke is 2px and white.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

You tried to simulate colored paper by changing white to grey?

It is better to leave that alone (unless you are going to print on colored paper).

Use a rectangle filled with a color instead and put it on a layer below your other layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tried to simulate colored paper by changing white to grey?

It is better to leave that alone (unless you are going to print on colored paper).

Use a rectangle filled with a color instead and put it on a layer below your other layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to avoid using a colored rectangle because I want to export the content of a large amount of artboards at once and I need a transparent background when exporting.

I used the same method in another document as well and there it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is easy to hide the rectangle.

Select same fill color; change to none or hide selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such change is natural. White color in terms of printing is an absence of any inks. Actually, it's a paper color. So, if you change the paper color (= artboard color), your white lines become paper-colored lines.

So, the best way to preview your artwork on a colored background is to follow Ton's advice (draw the colored rectangle) and then hide it before export.

You can draw the rectangle on a separate layer, copy and paste it to all artboards (Ctrl/Cmd+Alt/Opt+Shift+V). Then before exporting hide or delete this layer with all rectangles.

But if you want to print the white lines on the colored surface, you have to use the proper Pantone ink (e.g. PANTONE 11-0601 TCXBright White)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly weird. Yesterday I checked and my old files that I had changed the Artboard in were still working normally.

Now I opened it again and white is invisible on every document now. Adobe had to have changed something, because I surely didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without seeing your actual files, nobody can tell you what you did differently in those other files.

White on paper color always worked like it does now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines