• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I paying for this every month!!!!

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue after issue after issue. It never ends. Works well for a year as long as I dont update, then when I do let adobe update and it all goes to poo. Now even if revert back it continues with issues. Over 2 years now I have bee fighting your useless update fixes to no avail. And it is not my PC it is your broken software. I pay $116 a month to curse at my computer all day long. I have not altered anything else on my pc for 5 years now. It is dedicated for design and print, no new software, downloads or hardware other than win 10 auto updates and Adobe suite updates. I have no other issues with any other adobe software, "JUST ILLUSTRATOR". You fix one issue and cause another. I mean its relentless. I see so many others with the same issues. I dont need to tell you what it is as im sure you have seen it complained about so many times. Then U send me survey if i would recommend it. Are you serious? if there was a minus score you would get it every time. When dealing with sooooo many bugs over soooo much time, this is what you get, bitter customers. SO over it. I truly wish I wasnt so vested.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to go into specific detail and see if anyone here can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cant fix a problem on my end thats stemming from Adobe end. You fix one issue and another arises. Let me be optimistic here and explain what my current 2 issues are. IL Ver 26.1. IL will randomly just stop rsponding, could be 1/2 in or 1 hr in. There is no pattern leading up to it. Any file type, size time of day or other program that may be open ( usually PS ). NO Pattern. I could just open a file, leave for 5 hours come back and its not responding. Whilst this is happeneing I cant close it and cant select anything on the IL window/screen. Now if i move to any other screen or internet the rest of the PC is responding but only just. Eg. Program windows will open as if transparant and wont completely load. Event task manager wont completely open and if it does eventually open its useless to sht down anything let alone the unresponsive AL. Moreover I cannot shut down PC either, It goes into the shut down screen and just sits there for eternity never quite getting to the next step of actual shutdown. SO a cold shut down is the only way I can reboot. So anything running is lost. I cannot print and use IL in case this happens as i will lose my print mid way. Some print can take 2-3 hrs and expensive materials. I am forced to consider buying another PC just so I can multitask due to IL being sooo unpredictable. To think I pay for this BETA level sofware headache, I have vested years of learning the adobe suite. It alwyas had issues but now its just beyond the joke. I have had my tech run through PC on several occasions only to be told to stop ringing him as my PC untainted and working as it should and to change to Corel if i want less headaches. Id rather change occupation rather than relearn another program after all this. 

Thats the first issue. Second is IL will may or may not randomly crash during the use of TRim or CUt. There is more but I can live those as I am so use to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These aren't generic problems that everyone with Illustrator just suffers through. They sound like serious issues with your installation. You've probably been through all this already, but just in case:

1. Have you reset preferences?

2. Have you unistalled, run CC Cleaner tool, and reinstalled?

3. Have you tried creating a new user account on your computer?

4. Have you tried using your computer in safe mode?

5. Did it start with a partcular version of Illustrator. Can you revert to a previous version and try that?

6. Have you contacted Adobe support directly and had them look into it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I am having many of the same issues as kiriktm500. I too would like to know what the fix is. My students are working on the same version as mentioned and so far, we can find no pattern to why it is crashing. Could be 5 seconds in or 45 minutes in. Sometimes it doesn't respond for 30 seconds then crashes, sometimes it just doesn't respond for longer and we have to sign out and sign back in. It is super frustrating. My tech has come in trying to help to no avail. I am ready to stop teaching it as this isn't worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using PCs, Windows 10. Our district won't use Macs. We've been using Photoshop all year on the same computers, but for some reason Illustrator just doesn't want to work. I feel his pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since these issues aren't generic or reproducible, no one on the forum is likely to be able to help. Contact Adobe support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . cant fix a problem on my end thats stemming from Adobe end.

If that was the case, we'd all have the same complaints as you. I use Illustrator all day, every day, on weaker hardware, over a remote connection, and experience only the occasional misstep, trivial in comparison to what you describe. Neither of our anecdotes is true for everyone because there are a million variables no software maker can control. Another reason a problem can't be fixed is because it's not been accurately identified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fact that each update fixes one exsiting problem then creates another must tell you something. In total my business has 9 PCs and all have illustrator issues of various sorts. None of of them have these kind of issues with any other programs, period. I have been down the road of safe modes, refreshes, resets, program cleanouts, adobe support etc all too many times. I almost know for a fact that on the next bug and stability IL update this issue will be resolved as usual, but then its like rolling the dice to what comes up next. If it remains stable I certainly wont be updateing again for a couple of years.

Quote "Neither of our anecdotes is true for everyone because there are a million variables no software maker can control."  Yet thousands of other programers seem to get it just enough right though. 

Anyway thanks for your responses my fury has scaled down, been a long tough few days. Had to release somewhere! Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kiriktm500 wrote:

... its like rolling the dice to what comes up next. If it remains stable I certainly wont be updateing again for a couple of years.

Just because it hasn't been said yet:

• Automatic updates for applications can be turned off using the Creative Cloud app.
  • When installing, you have a choice to keep the previous version.
  • You can only have one dot release, but can go back to the previous one in the CC app.
  • You can have multiple versions installed.

The new version typically comes out on the first day of the Adobe MAX conference in the Fall. I install the new version to learn the features, but do not use it for production until I know it's stable. I'm also slow to install a new OS, as we have seen that both Microsoft and macOS have been known to break Adobe software.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel there were so many alternate routes to go before yelling at a bunch of strangers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do know this is a user support community - we are not Adobe.

I'm sure you feel better, but no one at Adobe read it.

It looks like you've had two years of trouble free running - well done! But got a specific problem now? We might be able to help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kiriktm500 wrote:

And it is not my PC it is your broken software.

I pay $116 a month to curse at my computer all day long.

I have not altered anything else on my pc for 5 years now. It is dedicated for design and print, no new software, downloads or hardware other than win 10 auto updates and Adobe suite updates.

A couple of questions:

System requirements have changed in five years as operating systems have changed, so it's worth looking at your system to see if it needs updates.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU 1080Ti x 2, 4 screens. Ram 64 @ 3600,  CPU 8 core I7 9800x 4.5 ghz. SSD for stoage and M2 for scratch. It is more than enough even for another 5 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Australia for all the suite with all stock is $116 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines