• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why are my objects not getting colored?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved a file from photoshop to illustrator and when I click on a layer and choose a color it does not show and sticks with the orginial color. As you can see in this screenshor, a layer is selected and on the far bottom left you could I have selected a different color than what is actually shown on this layer. What could be the problem?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

If the Photoshop file you moved is a raster file then you will not be able to actually edit the color directly. To verify this see what happens if you go from the Preview mode to the Outline mode (View>Outline). If you only see an empty rectangle where your imported Photoshop is then you will not be able to edit its colors directly in Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try to change the colour using the Appereance palette.

If not double click on the text to expand it and then try changing the colour that way.

Thanks,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Photoshop file you moved is a raster file then you will not be able to actually edit the color directly. To verify this see what happens if you go from the Preview mode to the Outline mode (View>Outline). If you only see an empty rectangle where your imported Photoshop is then you will not be able to edit its colors directly in Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! yes it turned to an empty rectangle. Any idea how I could fix that and be able to edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try using Illustrator's Image Trace to make the raster image vector. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/image-trace.html. WARNING though this feature is very far from perfect and you may very well not be able to create a satisfying tracing. Otherwise you will have to find out if this file exists as a vector Illustrator file (assuming it's something that you got from an outside source).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is not an outside source. I first created it in illustrator then moved it to photoshop then illustrator. Not sure where I went wrong but thank you for your help. I will try going back to the orginial illustrator file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines