• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can I not export to autocad version R13/LT95 anymore?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the newest version of Illustrator (25.2) and I've realized I cannot export a DXF (Autocad version) as R13/LT95. That option is now greyed out. See attched. Is there a workaround for this? I use this version because it simplies splines in the output for the laser cutting software I use. Any help would be great.

Thanks!Screenshot 2021-02-24 085814.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue so hope you don't mind me following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't mind at all. They still have not addressed this issue as far as I know. I'm running both the latest version and a 2020 version so I can still do the DXF exporting I need for the time being, until they update. Not sure why this specific choice was made for illustrator 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue, but with R14. Use for laser etching/cutting as well. Still not fixed as of 6/9/21 (25.2.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey tipsyskipper! Adobe needs to get their crap figured out. This is a feature that was completely unnecessary to remove. I'm sorry you're experienceing this as well. For now the only solution I'm aware of is to reinstall an older illustrator 2020 (24.3). This is the last version that I know of that supports the export options we need. I can't imagine we are the only ones experiencing this problem but adobe is not really quick to solve problems like this. Cross your fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

machinecor, everyone,

You can create/vote for a request here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

I have alerted an Adobe staff friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jacob. I've actually found a workaround that doesn't require much effort. Honestly, the much more frustrating issue I'm having is the inability to select text to adjust property values... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, tipsyskipper.

I believe that machinecor will be eager to know the workaround that you have found, as will others with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export the DXF out of Illustrator in the AutoCAD 2000/LT2000 version. Then I, um..., use CorelDRAW 2017 (*blech*) to open and reexport the DXF in the correct release. It's annoying, but it gives me the correct functionality of the exported DXF...

*hangs head in shame for mentioning Corel*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. I think I'll stick with running an older version of illustrator for now. It suits my current needs. Coreldraw you say? Never heard of it *sarcasm*. Adobe should be able to patch this pretty easily. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

machinecor, tipsyskipper, adam,

I am afraid that you are witnessing a continuous removal of older AutoCAD versions from the export options; if you read on you can see that (at least) R12 went in 2020.

Obviously, the safest thing to do is to keep the older version/application that can do it.

I doubt whether there is any luck in using the Uservoice I linked to.

Your best bet might be to demonstrate a more widespread demand in the form of threads by others asking for it.

Based on this empty custom search, with latest posts first

https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=true&allow_punctuation=false&f...

you can insert each of the relevant versions, at least R13/R14/LT95/LT97/LT98, but also older ones, the search term being a space followed by the version number such as " R13", only without the quotes. As you can see here,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=%20R13&noSynonym=fals...

there are 48 hits, and you can easily see which are relevant. Apart from this thread, there is also one from 2020 about R12; you can see when the posts become too old to be relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed as of 6-24-2021.  This is frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue on the Apple Silicon version of Illustrator, but it is still available if you select to open the Intel version in CC,  FYI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open 'Creative Cloud' and go to 'all apps' tab on the left.

Now in the Illustrator area, beside the 'Open' button you will find three dots click on this and 'Open (Intel)'.

This will let you save your DXF files on your M1 Macs until Abobe fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, it works. But Adobe must fix this very soon as the monthly payment is quite expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are a genius thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines