• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't AI2023 open the PDF files exported from Packmage?

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been using Packmage CAD to generate PDF vector graphics and have always been able to open and edit them in AI, even in Illustrator v26.5.3. However, the latest version of Illustrator 2023 is giving me an error. Could you please help me fix it or make it compatible with the old version of PDF?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is not a general PDF editor, so it will often fail. This is not a fault. Your workflow does not have solid foundations. You can, however, install the previous version of Illustrator and keep using it until it breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but the PDF file only contains vector information including the layer information from the AI file. It opens fine in older versions, so I hope the new version will fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you feel this is a bug, be sure to report it. (A post in the forums is NOT a bug report. https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Illustrator Uservoice:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Edit: I see now that the wishform also leads to the Uservoice page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines