Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Why can't my recently updated Illustrator not create previews of EPS files?

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a drag.... These are vector EPS files downloaded from Getty images. No previews through finder anymore after 2022 upgrade.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finder previews are generated by the OS, and, more specifically, file icon preview appear only if you have your Finder's View options configured to show them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct; it seems it is a bug with OS Monterrey. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253307271

Sigh, I care so little about what is new with the Adobe upgrades and OS upgrades, I just don't want what has always worked to stop working; don't think it's much to ask for.

Thanks for the reply!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.. I'm not at Monterey yet so hadn't noticed the change. Good to know!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the finder preview text that says 'This file was saved without PDF content'?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Finder can show previews of EPS files. It does seem to take longer than expected to generate the previews. This is useign Quicklook or in the Info panel. Mac OS 11.6.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 12.0.1 seems to have changed it. Now figuring out how to get it back. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines