• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't you save my custom Workspace in Illustrator?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstall the latest update, and install a previous version of AI, because the latest version is completely unstable and only crashes. Now I can't find my custom workspace. WHY?!?!?! WHY?!?!? We create custom workspaces to maximize our efficiency. Is there some reason it can't be saved? Who makes these desicisions to make my life miserable? I have work to do.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Saved workspaces are stored at this location on Windows:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings\en_GB\x64\Modified Workspaces

If you chose to remove the version you used to create the workspace, the settings folder for that version will be removed also.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us a bit more system information? Are you on PC or Mac? What build do you have? What version are you using? It's very hard to offer help if you don't give us this kind of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved workspaces are stored at this location on Windows:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings\en_GB\x64\Modified Workspaces

If you chose to remove the version you used to create the workspace, the settings folder for that version will be removed also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe when you uninstalled there was a choice to keep or delete user settings.

As with files, you should back-up important resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines