Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Why do I have to relink images in a shared document?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two designers on my team, me and one other person. We both have Creative Cloud, but we do not have access to Teams Libraries or anything like that. Our method of collaboration is that some projects live in my Creative Cloud and some live in hers. We share those parent folders with each other and are therefore able to access each other's work, which is handy when one of us is out of the office. 

What is frustrating, however, is that if my colleague works on my Illustrator document while I'm out, and places some linked images in the file, I have to relink them the next time I open the file. This seems rather absurd because the linked images also live in my Cloud folder. 

Can anyone opine why this is happening and what we can do to stop it? It's really pretty maddening. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator looks first for linked images in a folder named Links next to the document.

Perhaps that works.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! We will make sure we're both naming it Links next time and see if that solves the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good, let us know if it has worked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines