• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my files look dull when I export them?

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export my new logo, it looks great, in preview on my mac it looks great, but when I send it to my phone or upload it to instagram or another app the colours are dull and muted. I've had a search on here and tried various things (exported as a sRGB file, changed the colour profile) but it doesn't seem to work. 

How do I fix this? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsten,

can you give us more information about how to export? If you can, also attach screenshots or a short video, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added some screenshots but I don't think you can tell the difference between the two now that I've uploaded them. The one on the left without the white is how its showing to me on Illustrator, the one on the right is how it looks when its uploaded to instagram or sent to another device. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your color management on your Mac set up correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colour management on my Mac is Colour LCD, does it need to be on sRGB to match? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your RGB working space should never be the monitor profile.

This most probably causes your issue.

Set the working space to sRGB and then adjust your colors to whatever you created in Procreate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you

• use file >> Doucument Color Mode >> RGB?
  • use  Edit >> Assign Profile>> sRGB
  • color calibrate your monitor

Try don't color manage this document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done the first two, color calibrating to sRGB made everything look awful, is that why its looking different now?

Is there a fix if I've messed something up? I'm trying to colour drop from my logo that I made on Procreate so that I can turn it from a pixel based logo to a vector based logo, so ideally I need the colours as close as possible.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines