• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my panels/workspace rearrange if I click out of the illustrator window?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is making Illustrator unusable. I can have my workspace set up and panels in place, but if I switch to another window, when I come back to Illustrator they are all stacked on top of each other in the corner. It is so disruptive to my workflow, I'm constantly moving panels and it's a chaotic mess. I've updated Illustrator. I'm using a Macbook Pro with M1 Max running on Monterey. Does anyone else have this issue and is there a solution for it?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can have my workspace set up and panels in place, but if I switch to another window, when I come back to Illustrator they are all stacked on top of each other in the corner.

I can't explain that. Normally, the only way panels move is by your hand, either by click/dragging or choosing a menu command that (re)arranges them. Have you saved your workspace? Can you post a screenshot or two of this? Have you tried resetting preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my end. I have my workspace set how I want it, save it custom, then I come back to Illustrator and all my palettes are shoved into the left corner and I have to manually drag them back. I even select my saved workspace and NOTHING changes. This is super frustrating for a working professional, not to have a program working the way it should. We pay a lot of money for the adobe suites and products. What's the deal adobe?? Pls help.

Indesign has a similar problem with it's interface... -Justin

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 7.14.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MacOS Ventura? Tehre's a new toy called Stage Manager. Illustrator might not be compatible with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines