• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Illustrator auto changes Swatches

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have done some research and it seems like this is a long standing problem with Illustrator. When you create a swatch, it will auto adjust to fit in the documents color mode gamut.

This is frustrating as my company has both CMYK values and RGB values listed for artwork and marketing material. I want to create a User Defined color library with BOTH the CMYK and RGB swatches already setup. But I guess that is not possible.

Will someone explain the logic by Adobe to have Illustrator do this? InDesign doesn't and only when you are saving the file for a specific purpose will you see color mode warnings. I would think that if you create a swatch, then it should stay how you set it in the first place.

I assume that I will need to create a CMYK document, setup the CMYK swatches and then do the same in an RGB document with the RGB swatches. Seems like a lot of unnecessary  work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Climber4jc schrieb:

I assume that I will need to create a CMYK document, setup the CMYK swatches and then do the same in an RGB document with the RGB swatches.

That's exactly the way it is.

It's not a problem or an issue, it's the way things work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not the only one I know to complain of this. Seems Illustrator doesn't seem yet to understand that sometimes we want to create assets that are going to be printed on offset printers (CMYK based), as well as in house printers (RGB based), and also used on the web.

Adobe does have a feature request/bug report form, and perhaps if enough of us ask, they'll comply. Here's the link:
Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've created a feature request for this. Please vote and share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines