Why does Illustrator convert OTF to T1 ?

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created several maps and graphics in Illustrator using an activated OTF Adobe font (Acumin Pro). These AI files are placed into an ID document. I also use Acumin Pro throughout that InDesign file. 

When I preflight the file, with Type 1 fonts checked as not allowed, InDesign says all the fonts in the placed AI files are Type 1. But it does not flag those same fonts in the InDesign file.

However, when I export to PDF, every Acumin Pro font shows up in the properties as Type 1 .

Can anyone explain what's going on and whether I should be concrened?  I just replaced 57 styles in this publication with these activated fonts in preparation for the 2023 discontinued support of  postscript fonts, so right now I'm worried and confused.

TOPICS
Print and publish , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still an OpenType font. OpenType has 2 flavours, TrueType and Type1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines