• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Illustrator keeps activating the same fonts that have been activated earlier?

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find an adobe font I like for a project and activate it. Next day I come back to the project and open Illustrator without an internet connection and find that font is missing. It won't come back unless I connect to the internet and the font is activated once again by Creative Cloud.

My question is why don't fonts once activated stay activated? Why is an internet connection required every time to activate them?

It happens with some fonts and doesn't happen with others. Is there a way to permanently download fonts I use often? I don't like to stay online all the time while working because of various reasons.

TOPICS
Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure there's a way around this:

"If you launch the Creative Cloud desktop app while offline, fonts won't display in the font lists of your apps. However, if you go offline while the Creative Cloud desktop app is running, activated fonts will still be listed and available to use."

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/help/add-fonts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines