• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Illustrator slow down my computer?

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed whenever I open Illustrator, all the apps in my system (including Illustrator), Adobe and others become really jittery and slow. The CPU does not go over 30%-50% usage, the Ram does not go over 50%, the GPU usage remains below 10-20% depending on the application.

This happens on both Intel and AMD systems. I don't understand where the bottleneck is coming from.

Is there anyway to figure out why the system becomes so slow that multitasking becomes near impossible. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Are you  running the same account on 2 different computers and both are slow? Your account might be corrupt, or you have spyware on both computers.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance-windows.html

OOBE RESET WIN

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note, the hardware specs are unimportant, especially if there is still some much left in the CPU, GPU and RAM usage. 

Both sysytems run on SSDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you  running the same account on 2 different computers and both are slow? Your account might be corrupt, or you have spyware on both computers.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance-windows.html

OOBE RESET WIN

• Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  • C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE 

• The AppData folder is hidden in Windows by default. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to access it.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

• Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestions given by Mike, you may also follow the steps provided on this community post.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its like I have a new machine, its so snappy!s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you illustrate the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this may have resolved this problem for me as well.  I started having this problem in early 2020 when I bought a brand new AMD machine.  I didn't find this solution until I used the right search terms.  But the problem only affected Windows Explorer.  Whenever Illustrator was open, Windows Explorer performance was seriously degraded, with the cursor flickering. I've been going for about 2 hours and so far I haven't experienced the problem so thank you to the person who suggested the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines