• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does zoom feature change in outline mode?

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am not in outline mode and I hold control + shift I can zoom in and out by dragging the mouse.  However, when I switch to outline mode (control + y), the zoom changes to the old version where a bounding box is created when I drag the mouse and upon releasing the mouse button, it zooms to the bounding box borders.  Is there anything I can do in settings to retain the drag/zoom feature from preview mode inside the outline mode?

Thanks,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Hi Paul,

That is because outline view does not use the GPU..

Unfortunately you can only do the opposite and turn off animated zoom, so both view work the same.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 9.10.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

That is because outline view does not use the GPU..

Unfortunately you can only do the opposite and turn off animated zoom, so both view work the same.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 9.10.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years and no solution.

----------------
First Photoshop 2.5 (1994)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's Adobe in a nutshell. Same with InDesign and After Effects bugs. They just pretend these bugs dont't exist because they got enough people paying for the cloud. One of their telephone support "techs" once told me in all honesty "There are no bugs in Photoshop.". 
I'm really fed up with Adobe, Hopefully there will be some kind of competition they cannot just buy because this just cannot go on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here I have described the solution to the problem:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/zoom-is-different-in-preview-and-outline-smoo...

And I made a short video with instructions:
https://youtu.be/tYuhYnfGepw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines