• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why my pen or paintbrush tool has asteriks next to it whole time while drawing?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have this problem a lot of times, sometimes my pen or brush is working normally -without brush with asterisk next to the line I am drawing, but sometimes just happens that it´s there and it´s making it also a bit harder to paint and do some things. I tried to look for this problem a lot but seems like it should be there but only when you want to start the line and I have it there all the time while drawing. When I dont have this problem the brush icon is not there and everything goes more smooth. Dont know if I explained it good enough, I also wanted to put screenshot but the paintbrush is not showed there, really dont know why, I also restarted my laptop and its still there. I am not advanced with illustrator so dont know what it can be, if someone can help me will be happy. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Diana – I have no explanation for why the asterisk is visible after you have started to create a path. You may need to try resetting the preferences to see if that will clear up the problem. You say "When I don't have this problem the brush icon is not there" – is there a × instead? That should occur if you engage the caps lock, or if you go to Preferences > General and engage Use Precise Cursors. If that is acceptable, I would suggest using that setting until someone more knowledgeable than me offers a solution to the asterisk problem.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines