• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Width Tool Creates New Width Points On Closed Paths In Adobe Illustrator - Weird Behavior Width Tool

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends. I have a problem and I am going to ask for a solution. I had to use width tool but noticed that it creates extra, I mean, new width points on closed paths. I can move the other width points, but I can neither move nor delete one of the width points. It naturally affects in a bad way. How to stop extra width point creation? Any solution to stop weird behavior of width ool? You can watch the video I recorded.

By the way, I have no keyboard. I had to type all this by clicking every keys by my mouse on virtual keyboard on my desktop computer. Very difficult to type. Kindly assist me.

Sincerely yours, GAMBOT.
TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why your width tool is creating extra width points - I did notice that you were having trouble deleting the one point over the anchor point on the right side of the circle. I think this is because that anchor point is the beginning and the end of the width profile, and so it's width point can't be deleted. It's difficult to control because it's got 2 widths on it - so I would avoid that anchor point, (adjusting the width there or trying to delete) and work around that. I think this is the nature of a width profile on a closed shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that with an open path there is already width information for the start and end of the profile.

With a closed path there must be additional width points added to define the start and end of the profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines