• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window and panels moving when Mac goes to sleep

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac Mini M1 with 16GB and Big Sur 11.2.3, and am up to date on my Creative Cloud updates. About 25-30% of the time, when the computer goes to sleep, Illustrator will drop down about 1/5 of the way down the screen, as if I clicked the title bar and dragged it down the screen. When this happens, some of my panels will move around as well and I have to reset my workspace. Also, the grey space around the artboard shimmers when I move my cursor and the little popup window urging me to click and learn more about new features will have the font size reduced about 60%. All this happens with both Illustrator and Photoshop (the only Adobe apps I use regularly.) I usually end up quitting and restarting the program, and resetting my workspace. Oddly, all this doesn't happen EVERY time the computer sleeps, but it does happen fairly often, and is very annoying. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to share that the product team has resolved this issue in version 28.1. I've personally tested it and couldn't replicate the problem. Would you all mind installing this version from the CCDA and informing us if it resolves the issue on your end?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 292 Replies 292
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not only laptops since it is happening on my Mac Studio with 2 connect Studio Displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We understand how frustrating it can be when you're trying to work and your windows and panels keep moving around after turning on or off your external monitor or when your Mac wakes from sleep. I understand that this has been going on for two years now, and it's causing inconvenience while using Adobe apps.

We apologize for the inconvenience and want to assure you that our team is actively working on a solution.

While we cannot provide a specific timeline for when this issue will be resolved, we want to let you know that it is a top priority for us. However, sometimes, certain issues may take longer than usual to fix.

In the meantime, we encourage all the users experiencing this issue to upvote the UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44080746-wake-f...) and share your experience on the Indesign and Photoshop communities as well. The more users that upvote this on UserVoice and report this issue, the more it will be prioritized by our product teams.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe reacts, a miracle has happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The miracle will be if they fix it after 2 years 🤣 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, After Effects doesn't move down when the comupter sleeps. Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign all do but AE doesn't. Could investigation into this provide a fix....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor does Acrobat or media encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, good, finally. This is quite annoying, and it slips up on you with a large monitor when suddenly all the windows are a mush and the only solution is to re-cascade the windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I'm running the latest version of Ventura and adode CC apps. As of right now, it looks like I'm not experiencing the issues I was having with windows moving. Yay.

An anyone else confirm if they are no longer having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did the update to InDesign 18.2.1 and the problem still exists...unfortunately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. I have no idea why I'm not having this issue anymore. I'm just assuming it was because of the latest updates-though I can't confirm if that is why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem 🙂
Did you at the same time take any other measure or cancelled other software from being started? Which could influence the Adobe software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might get more ideas for solving this when searching for the issue in Apple forums. Such as this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253803495

It's a system issue. And thus your system version as well as settings in your system can affect it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monica, I know.

Running Ventura 13.2.1 and the up-to-date versionn of Adobe CC but it could be indeed a system setting. Received my new Mac Studio in December with two connnected Studio Displays and have not changed any setting but it could be something minor which has been changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That relates to Montery, most user are now on Ventura which doesn't have that option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hasn't @Anshul_Saini ackowledged in this thread that this is an Adobe issue, not an Apple issue? There's nothing pertaining to this issue on the Apple forums re. Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He said that Adobe is actively working on the issue. That doesn't mean it is not an Apple issue, it means that Adobe is working on it. There have been reports from people who have no Adobe apps and have experienced the problem,  I posted a link to one on Reddit a while back on one of the many threads on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

give it a rest already. It's been acknowledged by Adobe - the Apple issue is not the same thing. Stop deflecting.

I have no idea what your trying to gain by blaming Apple periodically and muddying the issue by refering to reddit and Apple forums where it's a "similar" BUT entirly different issue.

This happens with 3 specific Adobe apps on M1 macs with external monitors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody is deflecting. As I pointed out, the Adobe rep did not take Adobe ownership for the issue. It's plain English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you that I had this issue specifically with Adobe apps(Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign). I have yet to experience this with any other apps. And based on the comments here, I wasn't alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this were an Apple issue, we wouldn't still be commenting on a thread that is almost 2 years old. It would have been resolved in one of the OS updates. And how would Apple OS only cause problems with 3 Adobe apps out of the hundreds and hundreds of apps available on the system? Utter rubbish - this is an issue with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and still needs resolving by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I couldn't tell you. I just noticed one day that I wasn't having the issue(it was defkinlty after a few adobe app updates for Illustrator and Photoshop). I currently have a macbook M1 pro connected to an LG 4K and a Wacom Cintiq Pro 27 via USB-C(The LG tyhrough a TB hub and the Cintiq directly, since it's running 120hrz refresh-its the same setup and connection I had when I was having issues).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add to this. I have had this issue really since I bought my Mac Studio and Studio monitor on launch day. Currently running Monterey 12.6.3 and AI 27.2 on my home machine that has the issue. However, I just realized that my work machine, located at my company HQ does NOT have this issue. Its the same exact setup of Studio and monitor, running Monterey and AI, but the system was bought late last year, so not in the first wave of Studio. Starting to wonder if this may in fact be an Apple chip issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could also be a reason, I have one the first studios and the hdmi is not working well…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines