• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window and panels moving when Mac goes to sleep

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac Mini M1 with 16GB and Big Sur 11.2.3, and am up to date on my Creative Cloud updates. About 25-30% of the time, when the computer goes to sleep, Illustrator will drop down about 1/5 of the way down the screen, as if I clicked the title bar and dragged it down the screen. When this happens, some of my panels will move around as well and I have to reset my workspace. Also, the grey space around the artboard shimmers when I move my cursor and the little popup window urging me to click and learn more about new features will have the font size reduced about 60%. All this happens with both Illustrator and Photoshop (the only Adobe apps I use regularly.) I usually end up quitting and restarting the program, and resetting my workspace. Oddly, all this doesn't happen EVERY time the computer sleeps, but it does happen fairly often, and is very annoying. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to share that the product team has resolved this issue in version 28.1. I've personally tested it and couldn't replicate the problem. Would you all mind installing this version from the CCDA and informing us if it resolves the issue on your end?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 292 Replies 292
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a brand new Mac Studio running Monterey 12.6 with an LG 40" curved monitor and I have this issue too. It's really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing
I'm on a Mac Mini M1 with 16GB and Ventura 13.1. It does not happen when mac goes sleep, but everytime I turn my monitor (eizo) off and on again. I have zero experience here, but found  this system option, which basically does not change a thing if activated or not.. but just thought if it may be that somehow Mac sees another device close to? Just an idea?? 😕
otherwise...HELP

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 14.59.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteotherwise...HELP

By @AliSss

Basically: macOS doesn't recognize the display fast enough when waking up.

You will need to complain to Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is set to never sleep, I simply lock the screen. I suppose it might be the ports powering down? Really odd but not a huge problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has this issue been resolved for anyone? been a realy annoying problem since i got the mac studio. also, i have three monitors hooked up and my left and right mointor keeps swapping icons and windows (not just adobe specific.) icons keeps moving around th emointor position upon wake/sleep. anyone else having this issue? wonder if its related. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still early, but I did install Ill 2023 yesterday and so far, the issue has not repeated itself either last night or this morn after the computer was asleep overnight. will report back if that changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I updated to 2023. It didn't change anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change for me, either. Adobe products only. I've resigned myself to the fact that no-one has a clue how to resolve this. Screen flickering has also come back in Illustrator 27.2, which was resolved a few versions ago but appears to have reared its head again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Day 3 now and all is still working as it should. when you installed the new AI, did you check the box to "remove previous versions"? not sure its related but thats what i did. but as above, its still early so i would not be surprised if it went sideways at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Worked perfect for about 1 week, then all of the sudden it went back to the same issue again overnight last night and is now back moving windows every time I wake. Obv something is triggering this, but have no idea what it is. But at this point, its beyond frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is EXACTLY my situation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this in Photoshop on an M1 mini with two displays. Panels will be relocated slightly even without sleep, just locking the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on my new MacStudio with two connected Studio Displays. Not only happening with InDesign but also with Photoshop both from Creative Cloud version.

Please Adobe solve this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's clear, from the lack of Adobe response on this thread, that they either don't know how to resolve this issue or don't care. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After two years of this problem, it stopped with the last Mac update for me (Ventura 13.2). Hasn't happened once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great for you you! But not on my end running versie 13.2.1 (22D68) and even reinstalled Ventura again and it is still happening. Would reinstall InDesign be an option and delete previous versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reinstalled InDesign...nothing changed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me - latest Ventura, still messed up. Nearly 2 years and nothing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also add that last week I updated to the newest version of Montery and it worked perfectly for about two days. The windows never moved. then, again, on day 3 it went back to chaos and has been that way sense. Now here is the weird part. My home Mac Studio which I bought on launch day has the issue. However, my office Mac Studio, which was purchased months later, does not have the problem. Both running the same system and programs. Starting to wonder if this is in fact an Apple issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we'll see, my Mac Studio is currently with AppleGenius after a complete failure, it's having a new SSD and Logic Board, so basically a new Mac. I'll see what hap[pens when I get it back. It was purcahsed on launch day. But my M1 MacBoo Pro that I'm using while it's being fixed has the exact same behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, all installed new, cc and ventura, tried to disable some extensions, tried different cables

still NOTHING, shoud we open hundreds of new threads to make Adobe react?

With Affinity, QuarkXpress and Gimp this does not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some one will be along soon blaming Apple again saying that theres similar comments on Apple forum EXCEPT that's about app moving screens. This issue is 100% Adbobe and only happens with a few Adobe products and has happened for years. It's only become much more apparant since Apple released the Mac Studio and many professionls bought them and started using external monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do believe it is an Adobe issue. We paid (I guess) a reasonable amount each month for using all the Adobe Apps so they should solve this once and for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are people who have reported this happening with Apple apps on systems with no Adobe apps installed. Reports were on Reddit last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not the same issue though and I believe is related to laptops and what is set as the primary screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines