• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With GPU enabled and working zoomed in, paths are distorted

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stumbled against this when making icons on a very small scale. Any shape I make on a small scale doesn't look the way it's supposed to look. And when using the shape builder tool or the pathfinder tool to combine or cut shapes, the path gets extremely distored and my icons don't have clean lines. 

I uninstalled Illustrator and all plug-ins. I even went as far to reinstall my entire Macbook and reinstalling all software just to make sure it wasn't a conflict with anything on my mac... 

Mac info: 

Processor: 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 / Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB / Memory: 32 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X / OS: Ventura 13.3 (22E252)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, my title messed up. Basically: "With GPU enabled and working zoomed in, paths are distorbed."

Topic title corrected by moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Dennis_Z,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing distorted paths while working with small-scale shapes in Illustrator using GPU preview. I can understand how frustrating this must be, especially after you've gone through the trouble of reinstalling your entire MacBook to resolve the issue.

I'd like to let you know that this issue sometimes occurs in the GPU preview as it focuses on providing a fast and smooth preview experience while working on your projects. The Adobe Illustrator team is constantly working on improving the GPU preview quality to address such issues.

In the meantime, you can rely on the CPU preview, as it provides an accurate representation of how your artwork will look once it's exported or saved. To quickly switch between GPU & CPU preview, you can go to View > Preview on CPU or simply press Cmd/Ctrl + E.

I understand that this may not be an ideal solution, but rest assured that the Illustrator team is aware of such issues and is working diligently to improve the software.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any other concerns or questions. We're here to help.

Best regards,
Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines